The novel Coronavirus has affected us all. New office protocols have been put in place in accordance with CDC guidelines, aac guidelines (my insurance provider), and the NCCAOM (my governing body). These protocols will change your experience at Balanced Acupuncture; however, they will provide you with the safest experience possible during these times. We can prevent future and continued closure by adhering to protocols. The following protocols have been put in place.
1. ALL patients should wait in their car upon arrival to the office. They will need to call or text 6103937589 to let us know they arrived. We will either answer or return their text/call when they are safe to proceed to the office. NO ONE will be allowed to wait in the waiting room. Once we call you will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and contact. I will also speak to you about what your chief complaint is and how you are doing. This is to limit face to face time, while in the treatment room. IF you do not have a cellphone, please call the office prior to leaving your home for the office to do the screening. Once you arrive you should still wait in your car. We will come outside the office at your appointment time to escort you in. Please keep an eye out for me.
2. ALL patients must wear a mask to enter the facility. The patient is responsible for providing their own mask. NO ONE will be permitted in the office without a mask. Masks MUST be worn the ENTIRE duration of the time you are in ANY office space. EVEN when no one is in the room with you. This is non-negotiable.
3. No one is permitted to accompany the patient unless they require assistance from someone to safely be at the office. If someone MUST accompany the patient, they will be allowed only 1 person and that person MUST wear a mask at ALL times.
4. Temperature will be taken for EVERYONE prior entering the office space. We will meet you outside the door. A touchless thermometer will be used. Temperatures of 99.9 and above will not be permitted. We will ask that you reschedule your appointment and contact your PCP.
5. Patients experiencing respiratory symptoms; cough, congestion, etc. will be asked to reschedule their appointment until they are symptom free. We also ask that if you are around others that are sick (spouses, children, grandchildren, parent, etc.) you use caution coming into our office and reschedule until said individual recovers or you have not been around them for a significant amount of time.
6. CANCELLATION FEES ARE ALL WAIVED DURING THIS TIME.
7. The patient is asked to either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering the office space. Our new office space has bathrooms in the public hallway.
8. The patient will be escorted directly to a treatment room following all checks.
9. All patients will be asked to sign a COVID-19 consent form. This can be done prior to coming in via the new patient portal, or when you arrive at office.
10. All treatment rooms will have disposable sheets, drapes, and face cradle covers. We will no longer be providing blankets at this time. Nor will we be able to provide heated pads due.
11. Acupuncturist will wear face mask and gloves during the treatment process.
12. Payments and rescheduling will be done before the patient leaves the treatment room.
13. Treatment rooms and touch points will be cleaned and disinfected between each patient.
14. Patients will be scheduled every 40 minutes to allow for proper cleaning and disinfecting. This will limit how many people we can see. We are unable to “squeeze” people in for appointments currently.
15. ALL new patients will have their intake done over the phone or via a video visit, separate from their first treatment. This is to limit face to face in person contact.
Heather Shoup, D.Ac., L.Ac.